Saturday, November 7, 2009

THE VIRUS

     Have you ever noticed that the lack of self discipline has a tendency to be like a virus?
I have often observed times in my life where I seem to be completely out of control.   It's not that I'm out of control in all areas but if I am out of control, it is never just ONE area!
    I find that if I 'm not eating right, I am also not exercising, cleaning my house regularly, keeping up on my laundry, diligently staying on my household budget or using my time wisely.
     No, no, instead I'm eating what ever I want, completely ignoring the fact that I'm more than 50 lbs over weight, exercising the remote control instead of this body that I built, doing a load of laundry only when I have absolutely nothing clean to wear, and surfing the net for hours looking for stuff I don't need to spend the extra money that I don't have on it! 
     The lack of self discipline infectiously eases its way over in to more and more areas of my life until it  completely does a number on my self esteem and who I want to be as a person. 
     Tom Landry, coach of the Dallas Cowboys football team for over 30 years said, "The job of a football coach is to make men do what they don't want to do;  in order to achieve what they've always wanted to be."
      William Barclay wrote, " Nothing was ever achieved without discipline; and many an athlete and many a man (or woman) has been ruined because he abandoned discipline and let himself grow slack."
      I don't want to be a slacker......It's not my goal in life........I'm getting rid of this virus.......one
disciplined step at a time.


                      As the scripture says, "Discipline yourself, for the sake of godliness"
                                 

1 comment:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.